SEVA Community is a grass roots, non-profit organization comprised of Greeley citizens who believe all children should have access to meaningful interactions with adults. “Seva” is a Sanskrit word meaning “selfless service.” In ancient India, seva was believed to help one’s spiritual growth and at the same time contribute to the improvement of a community.
SEVA Community supports young parents and grandparents with children, birth to five years of age in the following areas:
- Provide emergent and early literacy support through meaningful interactive experiences
- Provide oral language development through meaningful interactive experiences
- Provide healthy brain development support through hands on modeling and practice with “Brain Box” research based activities
- Support the development of home libraries through distribution of “gently used” and new books
- Create a community of support for young parents and their children
For additional information contact Terri Pappas: (970) 302-9539 firstname.lastname@example.org